What do I do if the police are looking for me for questioning and I have a warrant for minor surcharges as well? 2 Answers as of July 28, 2017

I had a fight with my girlfriend’s child’s father. He loses the fight and to get me out the picture, he filed a police report and says he is jumped with no proof. I have witnesses and proof to back up. It was a fair fight and no weapons were involved.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Joel R. Salinger Attorney at Law
Joel R. Salinger Attorney at Law | Joel R. Salinger
Get an attorney as soon as possible and then turn yourself in. The longer this goes on, the worse it gets.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/28/2017
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
Hire a criminal defense lawyer. Do not speak with the police about the case. Having witnesses will not convince the police not to arrest you because they don't want to be the ones to judge the matter. That is for the DA to do. P.S. The police asking you to come in is usually code for they are going to arrest you. Feel free to contact me if you are looking to hire a criminal defense lawyer. Thank you.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/26/2017
Click to View More Answers: