What do I do if my uncle is losing his memory and no one has power of attorney and the law will not give me? 8 Answers as of June 13, 2013

He had one brother that is his full-blooded brother who lives in another state, also the half brother he had was his power of attorney but got caught stealing money from him so his power was revoked. My uncle went missing and I was asked to come get his impounded car about 6 hours south of his home. Then he was put in a hospital to where the hospital says he was admitted as a private patient and no one will give me any information on him what so ever, will not even tell his full-blooded brother. What kind of legal action do I need to take and do I have a legal right to his information, if not who would. His wife is deceased, my mother whom was his sister is deceased, and I have no idea what to do.

You have to go to court and get appointed guardian and conservator for him.
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
Go to Court to seek to become his guardian.
Webster & Associates | Anita Webster
You would need file for a guardianship action.
You need to apply to be his guardian.
Kunin &Carman | Ishi Kunin
You can apply to the court for guardianship. You are required to notice his relatives within 2 degrees.
    You must file for guardianship and conservatorship.
    You need to file a petition with the probate court seeking a legal guardianship of your uncle, you really should obtain counsel since you will need at least one doctor to state that he is incompetent and unable to care for himself, and you must also notice all living family members of the action, and that is legal notice not a phone call to aunt Milly, or uncle Joe.
    Victor Varga | Victor Varga
    File for Guardianship.