What do I do if my green card expired? 4 Answers as of May 09, 2011

I came here illegally, applied for citizenship under amnesty and served in the US Army, I have a High School Diploma and now I live in Indiana and have been married for 10 years and have 2 kids. How do I get my paperwork straightened out so I can get my drivers license?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Devore Law Group, P.A.
Devore Law Group, P.A. | Jeffrey A. Devore
You stated you applied for citizenship under amnesty. You cannot receive citizenship through the old amnesty programs. You can only receive residence which makes sense if your green card expired. You can either renew your green card or apply for naturalization (perhaps based upon your military service). Consult with an immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/9/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
If you were granted a permanent Green Card, even if it expired, you are still a permanent resident of the US. You can file Form I-90 to receive a duplicate or replacement Green Card. If you have no information about your Green Card, such as your "A" or Alien number, then you should do an INFOPASS at the local USCIS office. You can make an appointment by going on-line to USCIS.gov. Finally, you may also be eligible to expedited citizenship due to your military service. However, the first thing you should do is the INFOPASS if you do not have any information.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/6/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
You can either reopen your case or refile.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 5/5/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
Best to arrange for a consultation with a local attorney who handles immigration matters.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 5/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: