What do I do if my friend is in jail charged with criminal trespass and battery and ADA wants to talk to me? 2 Answers as of April 07, 2011

My friend was charged with criminal trespass and assault in Jan of this year. I got a message today from the ADA wanting me to call them back. I was not anywhere around my friend in Jan when this was allegedly done. Any idea why they want to talk to me? He has a preliminary hearing this week.

Of course, if you feel the need to do so, you should consider consulting with an attorney in your community before talking with anyone else. It would appear that the prosecutor is simply doing his or her homework by interviewing potential witnesses before the hearing. Good luck!
Law Office of Sam Levine, LLC
Law Office of Sam Levine, LLC | Sam L. Levine
You should first talk with your friends criminal defense attorney/public defender, if at all possible (assuming your friend has waived attorney client privilege as to you) before you begin talking with anyone from the District Attorney's office about the case.