What do I do if my ex is in Contempt of court? 1 Answers as of July 11, 2011

My ex husband owes $1600 in back child support, $1200 in medical bills, and does not have medical or dental insurance coverage for them. These are all court ordered. I have an open case with OAG, but have been advised by them that they do not like to get involved with past due medical bills and that I shouldn't complain because "there are people who owe $20,000 in back child support", and that they can not pursue the attempt of court issue. Do I have any legal options?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Yes, you can hire a lawyer to handle the matter. The lawyer will or should appear in the OAG case if it has been filed and piggy back that to the District Court via a transfer (the OAG Judge is an administrative Judge) then the time line is a lot easier to handle, Contempt is an option, etc, though my experience has been the OAG can and will press contempt charges and the response of that you should not complain is a government employee trying to beg of doing his or her job.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: