What do I do if my ex is denying our daughter the right to come home? 2 Answers as of July 11, 2013

I have raised my daughter all her life. She is currently 15 yrs old. A year ago, she asked me if she could try to go live with her mother in another state so I agreed. Now my daughter wants to return home to me and her mother is denying her to come home, we currently have joint legal custody with me being the residential parent. What should I do?

Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler
Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler | Robert L Fiedler
Simple - You should go back to court immediately on a motion to compel your right of access and/or the return of your daughter to you.
Since you still have a custody order you can try to file motions with the court where you live to obtain residential custody again. Since residence is where the child has been for the last continuous 6 months you may also or instead have to file motions where the child now lives.