What do I do if my car was involved in a hit and run but I wasn't the driver and the driver has a suspended license? 12 Answers as of March 12, 2013

You keep your mouth shut and do not say anything to the police. They can prove that your car was involved but not that you were involved. They would want to talk with you so that they could get an admission that you were driving.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You should both retain a lawyer to deal with the police and insurance company do that you and he are not charged and the police do not get more evidence than they already have. You could be charged for giving him your car if he had a suspended license as that is facilitating.
Law Office of Jared C. Winter
Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
You're not obligated to do anything. However, you may want to consider the morality of doing nothing. If someone was injured, or property was damaged, I think you should take responsibility for it. That being said, you should not do so without being represented by an attorney.
Any time your car is involved in a hit and run, you must report it to the police as soon as you know about the incident. If there is a witness, you will not be charged. You will need to tell the police the name of the person you loaned the car. However, as you were not present at the incident you cannot say who was driving.
Tell the cops who was driving.
    IF you choose to report the offense, you report it, in order to avoid being charged for anything.
    Law Offices of Mark L. Smith
    Law Offices of Mark L. Smith | Mark L. Smith
    The police are going to want to talk to you. Do not talk to the police and speak to a lawyer!
    You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts an circumstances.
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum
    Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
    Have you been charged with hit and run? If not, nothing. If so, hire a lawyer to make them prove that you were the driver. If they can't then you cant be charged.
    Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
    If you were not driving, you will have to provide the police with information as to who was driving and how they obtained possession of your car.
    William A. Siebert
    William A. Siebert | William A. Siebert
    You turn in the driver to the police; that saves you from being charged yourself with permitting an unlicensed person to drive and the insurance company from refusing to pay for the accident.