What do I do if my boyfriend is charged with kidnapping? 2 Answers as of June 30, 2011

I complained to the police against my boyfriend. He took me forcefully from my place to his place. I rang police and now he is in jail in kidnapping me so how can I get the bail of my boyfriend who has been charged in kidnapping me? I cannot see him in trouble and I do not want magistrate punish him a lot so what can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Andersen Law PLLC
Andersen Law PLLC | Craig Andersen
In the State of Washington, Kidnapping is a very serious charge. It can mean long prison terms and if the defendant is convicted, he must register with the police whenever he moves. Your boyfriend needs an experienced criminal defense attorney. Also, in the State of Washington, only the Prosecuting Attorney has the authority to bring and dismiss charges. While the prosecutor may consider what you have to say as the victim, you have no authority to "drop charges." Your boyfriend is in serious trouble and he will be prohibited from having contact with you in person, by telephone, electronically or through third parties. Your best option is to retain a top-tier defense attorney. If you wish yo u may call me to discuss this matter more fully.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/30/2011
Law Office of Andrew Subin
Law Office of Andrew Subin | Andrew Subin
its mostly out of your hands at this point. You can call the prosecutor and tell them you dont want to prosecute him. You should also call his lawyer. His lawyer will know the best way to deal with this.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/29/2011
Click to View More Answers: