What do I do if my attorney didn't go to court for me? 4 Answers as of August 08, 2013

I hired an attorney for a case that I'm dealing with for having a party, and he told me that I did not have to go to court. I got a call from another person who has connections with the court and said that nobody showed up to court. She was telling me something about a bench warrant? What is a bench warrant and what do I do from here? I called my lawyer and they told me that they got the court date mixed up and I shouldn't be worried about it. But I am. Do I just wait for him to call me back? I do not want a warrant for my arrest or any warrant.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
A warrant has been issued for your arrest, because you failed to appear in court. It doesn't matter if you want one, one has been issued. You need to retain a different attorney.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/8/2013
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
You both need to appear in court to dismiss the warrant. Tell him if he does not start properly representing you, you will file a Bar complaint.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/8/2013
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
Attorneys calendars get screwed up on occasion just like everyone else's. If he/she told you he'd take care of it, I'm sure he has, it is easy to do. Deal with your attorney, and not public message boards like this, for such matters.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/8/2013
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Your lawyer can fix this.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/8/2013
Click to View More Answers: