What do I do if the land contract that we’ve signed was changed to a higher amount? 1 Answers as of February 27, 2014

We wrote a new contract to lower payment. He has the new contract at $17500 but this is wrong. We have told him since we came home, the day we signed it and went over the figures and he refuses to fix it. The older contract was for $23019.61 for 3 lots then sold a lot for $5000 and paid $5519.11. He says the balance is $17500. It should be $12500. He will not fix this. I can’t afford to pay an attorney. He knows this so I don't know what to do. I have not paid him a dime but now he is sending me a note I’m past due. I can’t get any help for me but he can take advantage of me because he knows we don't have the income to fight this. All we want is for this to be fixed right.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Meister & McCracken Law Firm, PLLC | Joanne M. McCracken
if you signed the contract with the higher amount knowing it was wrong, you have a problem. If he is refusing to credit you for payments you have made, you need to talk with an attorney. I know it can be costly but with breach of contract cases, the losing party usually has to pay some of the attorney fees.
Answer Applies to: Arkansas
Replied: 2/27/2014
Click to View More Answers: