What do I do if I was falsely accused of rape? Posted on June 06, 2011

The other night I was at a party. Me and this girl who is of legal age had consensual sex. However, she went to the police and reported rape. She accused me and my friend. My friend got interrogated two days ago but the cop said just to "wipe our hands of it". It is not mentioned in any of the local media (I have been checking regularly). I'm not sure what is going to happen. My friend said the cop only asked for my name and nothing else. (Hes not even sure if the cop wrote down my last name) I have several witnesses in my favor and I have not at all been contacted by police or social workers but I am still very paranoid. Your expert advice will be very appreciated. I'm not even 20 and this fabrication could ruin me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: