What do I do if I want my son in my life? 11 Answers as of March 07, 2014

I want to see my son and my ex won't let me. What can I do to protect my rights?

The Law Office of James P Peterson
The Law Office of James P Peterson | James P Peterson
Enforce your court order or modify your court order. Hire a local lawyer.
Borzilleri Law Office | Christine Borzilleri
If there is currently no custody order in the Court, you will need to file a Complaint to establish custody, placement, and visitation. If there already is an order, you will need to file either a Motion for Contempt if he is failing to allow you the Court Ordered visitation, or, you will need to file a Motion to Modify the current order if it does not guarantee you specific visitation. Specific rules and procedures for your jurisdiction must be followed and therefore I would recommend hiring a local Family Law Attorney to assist you in navigating through the Court system.
Diane l. Berger | Diane L. Berger
You can go to court and ask a Judge to grant you specific parenting time with your child.
Law Offices of Lauren H. Kane | Lauren H. Kane
File a custody petition.
James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
You can ask the court for a custody hearing and immediate custody mediation.
    The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C.
    The Bryan Law Firm, L.L.C. | Douglas L. Bryan
    You need to file a Rule to Establish Custody and Visitation. If you already have a judgment giving you visitation and your ex is refusing to abide by it, you should file a Rule for Contempt.
    Glenn Milgraum PC
    Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
    Go to Court. Ask for Visitation modification. In Some circumstances you may even be able to get a change in custody. (without more specifics, it is impossible to give you a more detailed response.)
    Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
    If your ex is your ex wife, then part of the divorce would be a parenting plan. If she was a girlfriend, file either a parentage action (if you're not on the birth certificate) or a petition to establish a parenting plan. In either case you can get a parenting plan which will allocated time with the child to each parent.
    Go to court on a request for order to establish a specific parenting plan in an enforceable o order.
    Ezim Law Firm | Dean Esposito
    You can file a Petition for Custody and Visitation so that the court can set forth the time periods your son will reside with you.
    Get an attorney, explain the situation and follow the advice given.