What do I do if I recently found out that I have an open warrant? How? 7 Answers as of September 21, 2015

I recently found that I have an open warrant, through a background check. I now remember why. I was very sick for a long time and there is a bit of memory loss. I need to take care of this ASAP. What do I need to do?

Hire an attorney to help you clear the warrant.
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
You will need to quash the warrant. The best advice is to go the Clerk of the Court (Justice Court/Municipal Court) where the warrant is outstanding and ask the Clerk to set your case on the calendar to quash the warrant. Keep in mind, when you appear before the Judge, you can be arrested and booked for the underlying crime. You didn't mention if it was a simple traffic offense. If you are booked, the Judge will set a bail and if you can pay that amount, you will be released.
Turn yourself into the jail.
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present if the underlying charge is a misdemeanor, so it is less risky for you.
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Hire an attorney to lift the warrant for you.