What do I do if I paid to be at a club but got kicked out for defending myself? Posted on April 24, 2011

I paid to be at a night club but got kicked out for defending myself. A guy grabbed my neck and then pushed me and my wife. I never physically fought back and did not initiate the confrontation. The bouncers physically escorted me out and did nothing to the other guy because he was VIP. I complied with the bouncers and just requested to talk to them. They told me I had to leave and I then requested my money back. They refused and threatened to trespass me. The club manager also put his hands on my wife and she had done nothing wrong from the start. I along with my wife and a friend did comply and left, but I feel like I was discriminated against and feel like I along with my wife, had been unnecessarily physically touched by the staff. I paid to be there and was not causing the trouble. I was even told by a different bouncer that was present through the entire dispute that I had not started the trouble, but because the guy was VIP, I had to go. I don't know what can be done, but I feel like I need to do something. I just need to know the right way to go about it.