What do I do if I my boyfriend didn’t pay the speeding ticket I got in 2010 after I gave him the money for it? 15 Answers as of June 18, 2013

I got a speeding ticket in another state in 2010. I gave my boyfriend the money to pay it because he lived in that state. He told me pad it. Two years later, I was pulled over for tail light out and when they ran my license it turns out they been suspended for non-payment of the ticket. I had no clue that the ticket wasn’t paid and that my license was suspended. I have been driving with suspended license for two years because of that.

There is nothing to do, you trusted a piece of shit. End of story. You can tell prosecutor the story, but they are uninterested. You can try and sue the boyfriend, but he probably doesn't have any money.
Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
You probably have a bench warrant. Your boyfriend is not responsible for handling your criminal offenses.
Get it paid and then sue him for all the money you are out for the ticket not being paid.
You need to track down that ticket and pay it. Then you need to get your license reinstated. Ultimately it is your responsibility to take care of your own infractions. The law does not recognize the "my boyfriend or girlfriend didn't pay my ticket" defense.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Pay the ticket, and something as important as paying a fine or ticket needs to be done by the one responsible for it.
    Law Office of John Schum, LLC
    Law Office of John Schum, LLC | John Schum
    You need to pay the ticket, get a clearance letter and then take that to the DMV to clear your license. If you need help with this, I can do it for a nominal charge.
    Answer Applies to: Hawaii
    Law Office of Edmund P. Allen Jr. | Edmund P. Allen Jr.
    You should contact the court where the ticket is out of, get it paid and make sure that they notify the Department of Licensing here. That should un-suspend your license.
    The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
    The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
    You should never trust a young person to do anything as they are often bad decision makers or at least irresponsible. You can mail a payment in to any state by pleading guilty on the ticket. You should at least have asked for a receipt or a copy of the disposition or called the court to see that it had been paid The court should have sent you a notice unless you changed your address, which you are obligated to tell the DMV.
    Your "excuse" won't work with the Judge. You need to hire a lawyer to go recall the warrant.
    Nice boy friend. You need to contact the court to see what can be done from the court's standpoint. Chances are, the fine was turned over to a collection company, in which case, you will have to contact them and make arrangements to pay off the fine. You can be sure that it will be a lot ,more because of interest and collection fees. Once the fine has been paid, then the Department of Licensing will release your license from suspension.
    You need to get the ticket paid to release your license. We can help and will do it for a small fee.
    Ultimately, the responsibility is yours. If it is not paid, your license can be suspended and a warrant can even issue for your arrest.
    Law Office of Charles J. Block
    Law Office of Charles J. Block | Charles J. Block
    Pay the ticket, pay the restoration fee to get your license in good status and then worry about going after your boyfriend.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    Hire an attorney in that state to clear up this mess.
    Eutsler Law Firm | Robert W. Eutsler
    Contact a traffic lawyer in the jurisdiction where the unpaid ticket is located. You may have to post a bond, or just pay the ticket and thus be convicted. You may have a failure to appear violation and a warrant for your arrest, in addition to the outstanding speeding ticket and the driver's license issue. If this is a Texas ticket, you must satisfy the court where the speeding ticket was filed in order to release the hold on your license.