What do I do if I have a protective order against me and I was forced to vacate home? 5 Answers as of January 30, 2014

My husband filed a fraudulent protective order against me. I was thrown out of my own home on Friday. He claims crazy things. I am scheduled for court on January 2nd and don't know what to do. I have no car, no money, only the clothes on my back, and I didn't do anything. All my things are at the house. I want to divorce him ASAP but have no money to file or get an Attorney. Please help.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John Russo | John Russo
Since this question was just submitted today January 28, 2014 to this site, I believe you must have your answer by now since you would have already been to court about 3 and 1/2 weeks ago.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 1/30/2014
Kirby G. Moss PC | Kirby G. Moss
You may be able to get an attorney to help you who will try to get an order that husband pay your attorney fees.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 1/28/2014
Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC
Law Office of Annette M. Cox, PLLC | Annette M. Cox
First you can request a civil standby to get some of your basic belongings. You do that by calling your local police department, explaining the situation and requesting a standby while you pack a bag. They will usually give you about 20 minutes. As for filing for divorce, you can consult an attorney/retain an attorney or go through the self-service center (Maricopa County Superior Court) for help.
Answer Applies to: Arizona
Replied: 1/28/2014
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
You really need the assistance of a qualified family law attorney. Please contact your local county bar association attorney referral program to see if they have someone who can assist you on a low-cost or sliding scale basis.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/28/2014
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Contact your county Legal Aid Office, also ask if there is a local organization assisting with injunctions.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/28/2014
Click to View More Answers: