What do I do if I had a second DUI over 10 years ago, fulfilled my court requirements yet the DMV wants me to take an 18 month class? 1 Answers as of May 24, 2017

My first DUI was when I was 19 under the .08 but a minor. Second was when I was 23. I did 30 day work release, 3 month drug class cost about $1000 and 80 AA meetings. The drug class director didn't process my paperwork properly. When I moved, I retook the class but it was 6 months and also more expensive. Then I was arrested falsely for a noise complaint and said that I had a warrant from failure to complete. The public defender didn't file my paper work. When I bailed out, I called and he had been fired for negligence. I have all the paper work and proof. I fixed that although I had to spend $1500 to be bailed out of jail when the warrant was false. Now the DMV wants me to take an 18 month class to get my license back. It's been over ten years. My lawyer was $5,000, court costs were around $2,000. What do I do? This 18 month class is $2,000 also. I've already put so much time and money into this mistake. I feel I paid my dues. Can you help me?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
No, you have not fulfilled your court requirements, which clearly included completion of the SB-38.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/24/2017
Click to View More Answers: