What do I do if I cannot afford the Debt collection for lawyer fees in an Illinois civil judgement Posted on July 03, 2011

My daughter got a DUI in college in 2001. She hired a lawyer for $700 fee. Apparently she never paid. Yesterday, she got a letter from a debt collector saying she now owes $2,260, and that a judge has issued a bodily attachment for her arrest for failure to appear, with a $3500 bond. The courthouse says her fines & charges are paid in full. She lost her job 6 months ago, receives no unemployment, & I pay all her bills. I cannot afford yet another debt. What should I do? Please help!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: