What do I do if I am in the military and am being falsely charged with drug possession? 1 Answers as of July 20, 2011

I am being charged with pcs for unlawful possession of meth, first of all I am in the military, National guard to be exact. I was giving a friend a ride from the hospital and passed a cop and she recognized me from the day before and knew my licence was suspended. They had to search the vehicle and I had no problems with it thinking that the car was clean, then in a few of the girls bags they found meth and a scale, they also found scales under the seats, they charged her with a pcs as well. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Edward A. Kroll, Attorney at Law
Edward A. Kroll, Attorney at Law | Edward A. Kroll
The best thing you can do is to get a good attorney. There may not have been a good reason for the police to search the vehicle. And even if there was, if you did not know your passenger had this stuff, then it can be argued that you are innocent. Since this case did not occur on a military base, state law will apply. You need to get a lawyer who understands search & seizure law, as well as criminal defense law. I am a former prosecutor with a lot of experience in these matters, and I would be happy to give you a free consult. But regardless, I urge you to seek an attorney's advice soon.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/20/2011
Click to View More Answers: