What do I do if I am being sued for a vehicle (leased) that was reposessed in 2009? Posted on March 28, 2011

My husband and I are being sued for a leased vehicle that was repossessed in 2009. I am not sure what to do with the Summons and Complaint that we were served. We live in Michigan and were without any income for about a year. We were unable to pay any of our bills, now we are trying to do the right thing and get caught up on everything that we owe. Unfortunately we only have one income and it is impossible to pay on everything at one time. Is there a way to settle for a lesser amount and make payments? What is my first step?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: