What do I do about a warrant for DUI or failure to complete classes? 10 Answers as of May 17, 2011

I'm a 100% disabled veteran who is getting medical treatment In California. I recently became aware that here is a warrant/failure to appear in DC. I'd like to take care of this matter but don't have the means to go to the court where the warrant was issued. What options do I have in taking care of this matter?

Call and obtain a free consultation from an experienced Criminal Defense/DUI Attorney located and licensed in Washington D.C. In California, you could pay a private Attorney to appear for you. Advice obtained per this link should pertain only to California law.
For you to handle this, you must turn yourself into the court, with or without an attorney, and try to negotiate a plea bargain on the warrant and new Failure to Appear charges, and renegotiate any outstanding charges. Youll have to contact an attorney in that jurisdiction, or contact the Public Defenders office there to discuss their rules.
Law Office of Evan E. Zelig
Law Office of Evan E. Zelig | Evan E. Zelig
I recommend contacting a lawyer in the DC area. As I am only licensed in California I am unable to provide legal advice for the District of Columbia and you should consult an attorney in that area. Thank you.
You can contact the court yourself or contact the public defender at the court.
You need to contact an attorney in DC to discuss options and how the courts work there. There are many lawyer referral services that can help you find someone. Good luck.
    Call a criminal attorney in DC and see if he/she can appear.
    Have the matter placed on calendar by yourself or an attorney and show up before they arrest you on the warrant. Someone will need to appear in court one way or the other. A misdemeanor warrant will probably not be executed in CA but if and when you go back to DC you are subject to arrest.
    If the warrant for your failure to appear in DC, you should consult an attorney in DC to see if they can potentially recall and quash the warrant without you having to show up personally.
    Since it is a misdemeanor, an attorney may appear on your behalf without you. This includes recalling the warrant and resolving the case. You may not even have to appear in court at all. Contact a DUI specialist to help you out.