What do I do about the property during divorce? 6 Answers as of May 11, 2012

As a part of my divorce decree, my ex-husband was given 3 years to refinance the home so that it was in his name only and I would be no longer associated with it. To date, that has not been done. As a result, the home is on my credit report and his late payments impact my financial history. I do not know how to get this addressed and removed from my history as a debt. Please tell me how to start with this. My ex is an Atty and has a good job. I do not understand why he has not done this. Especially with interest rates being so good for the last several years.

Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
The issue depends on if three years has expired if it has he is in contempt of court.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
You can bring a contempt action against him for failing to abide by the terms of the decree. A good family law attorney can help with this.
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller
Law Office Of Jody A. Miller | Jody A. Miller
You need to consult with and retain an attorney to file a contempt action, as your ex appears to be in violation of the divorce decree. You need to have an attorney review the specific provision in the divorce decree; how it was written may have an impact on what, if anything, you can do.
Steven Harrell, Attorney at Law | Waymon Steven Harrell
Has it been 3 years yet? If it has, you need to employ an attorney, and file a motion for contempt against your ex. The court may require the home to be listed and sold if it is not refinanced.
SHAPIRO LAW GROUP | ERIC L. SHAPIRO
The short answer is that you make a Motion for Contempt and force his hand. If in fact he can do what he was ordered to do, he will probably be held responsible for financial damage and attorneys fees.