What do I do about getting custody while my son’s mother is in jail? 8 Answers as of March 20, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
File and serve your emergency request for child custody.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/20/2013
Law Offices of John S. Keating
Law Offices of John S. Keating | John S. Keating
If you are the father, and were married to the boy's mother father or are willing to file an acknowledgement of paternity, then you would need to file a complaint for modification of custody, followed shortly thereafter by a motion for temporary orders granting you custody of the child.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 3/19/2013
Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
File a petition for custody, get her served, etc.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/19/2013
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
See an attorney, and seek a court order to that effect.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/19/2013
Fran Brochstein
Fran Brochstein | Fran Brochstein
You need to immediately hire an attorney and go to court and ask the court to give you custody.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 3/19/2013
Click to View More Answers: