What do I do about a fugitive warrant? 2 Answers as of April 06, 2016

I had VOP in 1990. I got a year and a day. I got out and got 5 year probation. I was young, didn't even know because when released, went to another state and got 5 year probation finished. Can they come get me if it's been 16 years and I’ve never been in trouble?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
It looks like you will have to hire an attorney where the warrant was issued from in order to clear this up.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/6/2016
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
The probation is NOT finished. Five years elapsed, but the probation did not end, because a tolling order was filed. So, yes they can come and get you, because you did not pay the original five years on probation as you agreed.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/6/2016
Click to View More Answers: