What do I do about a false disiplanry report? 1 Answers as of June 06, 2011

I was hurt March 10 at work, got on work comp and received a disciplinary report (received 6/1/11) stating I violated the safety measures and that if I get hurt again on the job and it is my fault I am to be terminated on the spot! I also had the man who aided in me getting hurt tell my wife and her friend he was so sorry it was his fault, what should I do? I am not going to sign the false report blaming me for my injury and basically setting me up to get fired as soon as I return back to work!

Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC | Paul S. Bovarnick
There are state and Federal laws which may make it illegal for an employer to retaliate against an employer who is injured on the job. You may be protected, depending on the industry and state in which you work. You should consult with a lawyer to find out whether you are in a state and an industry where such protections are available.