What do I answer on the US Citizenship child support question if ex is out of the country and didn’t want my support? 1 Answers as of October 06, 2014

There is a question in US Citizenship application where it asks if I did you fail to make child support payments. Yes / No. What should I answer given the following information and is the related evidence adequate? I got married in January 2006 and my ex-wife asked for divorce in March 2007. After marriage, we were together from January 2007 to March 2007 in the United States. She returned to Pakistan in March 2007. The divorce finalized in June 2007. My ex-wife and I are Indian citizens. My son was born in November 2007. During the divorce settlement, they did not want the support. Afterwards, there hasn't been any demand either. My US address has remained the same as well as my home telephone. The ex-wife is second cousin from my mother side and I didn't hear anything from my parents either. She came on H4 visa in US and knew my SSN etc. Her sister is in United States as well. So I cannot imagine that if she wanted to pursue child support award later on, then she would have been able to locate me. I became a US permanent resident in July 2011. I still have two years to go before applying for naturalization.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Answer "no".
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/6/2014
Click to View More Answers: