What do the abbreviations AETD and VIP stand for regarding a DUI conviction? 21 Answers as of June 28, 2013

Austin Hirschhorn, P.C.
Austin Hirschhorn, P.C. | Austin Hirschhorn
AETD = Alcohol Enforcement Training Division VIP = Victims Impact Program
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
VIP is victims impact program. New York does not use AETD but I believe it stands for Alcohol Enforcement Training Division.
VIP is Victim's Impact Panel. This is a class that you would take, typically after sentencing. I do not recognize AEDT.
San Diego DUI Law Center
San Diego DUI Law Center | Rick Mueller
What does it say in front and in back of it?
I believe you mean "ADET" this means "alcohol/drug education/treatment". "VIP" means "victim impact panel".
    VALENTE SCHARG & ASSOCIATES | DEAN VALENTE
    Alcohol education and MADD victim impact panel.
    Fagan, Fagan & Davis
    Fagan, Fagan & Davis | Steven H. Fagan
    I believe you're referring to the alcohol and substance abuse evaluation, usually referred to as ADES, and the VIP, or Victim Impact Panel. The evaluation determines what degree of education and treatment is required in your case if you are found guilty, and the Victim Impact Panel is a one-time seminar run by MADD or AAIM.
    Anderson & Carnahan
    Anderson & Carnahan | Stephen Anderson
    Alcohol education to be determined by probation and victim impact panel MADD.
    VIP stands for the MADD Program.
    Pearson, Butler, & Carson, PLLC
    Pearson, Butler, & Carson, PLLC | Matthew R. Kober
    Im not quite sure what the AETD means but the VIP means Victims Impact Panel.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    VIP Is Victim Impact Panel (formerly known as MADD), the other one I'm not certain of. Please call probation in the county the offense occurred and they will explain the acronym.
    In New York State it is called a DWI, or Driving While Intoxicated. A VIP is a Victim Impact Panel which is a group of speakers, usually the family of people killed by drunk drivers who speak to people who have been convicted of as DWI in a session that is paid for and which funds go to the support MADD organization. That is an organization that lobbies judges and prosecutors as well as legislators to tighten the laws against drunk drivers. They try to instill an awareness with drunk drivers that their selfish and dangerous actions are responsible for thousands of injuries and deaths of innocent motorists. Studies have shown that these classes are not effective, they only serve to fund the MADD organization, or Mothers Against Drunk Drivers. Most drunk drivers are immature, foolish young men who do not listen to anyone and do as they please. They do not care if they are endangering others and drive drunk many times until they are caught. Many of them are arrested several times and still continue to drink and drive because they are not incarcerated and because they get their license back after 6 months. Most crimes are committed by younger men, often because they are bad decision makers and feel that they will not be punished even if caught. I have never heard of AETD, it is not a term used in New York State.
    Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
    I have never seen those abbreviations before.
    VIP would likely be Victim Impact Panel - A class required by many Courts on a DUI case.
    Douglas M. Philpott, P.C. | Peter J. Philpott
    Not sure about the first one but the second one is probably the Victim Impact Panel.
    I am not certain what AETD stands for but it may imply the Alabama Defensive Driving School required on DUI cases. The VIP most likely stands for the Victim's Impact Panel, another requirement that persons with DUI cases are required to attend.
    Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law
    Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law | Mark Thiessen
    Victim Impact Panel is a class. And don't know AETD but may be some sort of alcohol and drug evaluation. Each county calls it a their own acronym.