What diversion program should I pick in California? 1 Answers as of April 29, 2011

Does the A.1R drug diversion program require you to participate in "guinea pig" drugs to help get off drugs? What is the difference between the A.1R and standard diversion?

You dont get to pick, the prosecutor may offer you a program as part of a plea bargain with your attorney. Take it or leave it. There are no guinea pigs in any program, although some require Anabuse or other reactive medications to insure you dont use your drugs of choice. If you dont like that, dont sign up for the program or take the deal.

Diversion is a generic term for several different statutory programs available to prosecutors. Now, if youre serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.