What degree do I need to file in my uncontested divorce? 5 Answers as of June 17, 2015

My spouse and I are filing an uncontested divorce and he has agreed to pay child support on a non-biological child. Which decree do I need to file?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
You don't need a degree. Go to an attorney or to the self help center at the courthouse if you can't afford to hire a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/17/2015
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Seth L. Reszko
I recommend going to the Family Court website. They have packets to review and sample decrees of divorce that show the documents necessary for an uncontested divorce.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 6/16/2015
Law Offices of Robert Burns
Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/15/2015
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
I strongly advise you to get an attorney to draft the documents for you.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/15/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
First things first: you really should retain a lawyer. If the case is very simple, then this fee should be relatively modest. You begin the case, at least in Wisconsin, not by filing a decree, but by filing a petition, which can be a joint one.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/15/2015
Click to View More Answers: