What is the definition of sexual consent by state? 4 Answers as of July 01, 2014

Definition of sexual consent in the areas of:
>age
>IQ
>intoxication/under the influence
>consciousness

Each state has varying definitions, but what does your state say?

In GA, under 16 cannot consent. IQ is a non-issue in GA. Obviously a person needs to be conscious in order to consent. An unconscious person cannot consent to anything. Over 16, plus intoxicated can consent.
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
The legal age in my state is 16 years. With respect to the other areas you mention, it is a fact question for a jury to determine whether, given the person's I.Q., state of intoxication or state of consciousness, that person is capable of, or did give, actual consent.
Washington state, age of consent is 16. However there is a lot more to "consent" than biological age. What is the person's mental capacity? Is there a position of power or authority between the two parties i.e. teacher, coach, employer? Does the person have the ability to consent i.e. Is the person intoxicated or under the influence of some drug. It goes to physical and emotional capacity to consent. Just because the person is over age 16 does not mean consent is automatic.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
16, 12, 7 and any.