What could I do to ensure that my rights are protected in my divorce? 10 Answers as of August 25, 2015

I am married to my wife for 5 years and we go a baby 7 months old. Our relationship is not working out. I got married to her overseas. And I filed I-751 for her and she has got the green card. Now she is warning me that as soon as she will be the citizen of USA she will divorce me and take my baby way from me, put me to jail, take all my money and house. Please advise me what should I do in this case because I am really worried about my baby. Thank you.

First things first: consult an experienced divorce lawyer in your area. I am pretty certain he or she will tell you that the mother cannot legally 'take' the baby away from you. Ordinarily both parents are entitled to have a significant role in their child's life. The precise allocation of custody and placement rights between the two parents is a matter for the divorce court unless the parents grow up and recognition that their child needs both of them.
The Law Office of Kimberly D. Moss
The Law Office of Kimberly D. Moss | Kimberly Moss
In Texas, both parents have the right to possession and access to their children, unless compelling reasons justify limiting their contact. Examples of compelling reasons include, serious criminal convictions, child abuse, child neglect, drug abuse, or alcohol abuse. If you do not have those issues, you have no reason to worry about being legally denied access to your children. Because of the immigration concerns, it is a good idea for you to seek a consultation with a local divorce attorney to talk about exactly what is going on in your marriage. You need professional counseling and guidance in your situation, not general legal knowledge.
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Too many issues to address here, hire a local attorney.
Roberts Immigration Law Office, Ltd. | Susan M. Roberts
The best advice I can give you is to consult with a divorce attorney. He or she can knowledgeably discuss child custody issues. My practice is limited to immigration law. Good luck!
Time for you to talk to an experienced Family Law/Divorce attorney.
    Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A.
    Joanna Mitchell & Associates, P.A. | Joanna Mitchell
    Your question is way too complex for this forum. You need to consult with an attorney in order to best determine your potential rights and options if you are facing divorce.
    It sounds like your soon-to-be ex is trying to use scare tactics against you. The child has a right to have both parents in it's life. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your legal options.
    Law Office of Martin A. Kahan | Martin A. Kahan
    You should consult with a family law attorney ASAP.
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida
    Mediation Services of Southwest Florida | Dennis J. Leffert, J.D.
    I usually suggest Mediation be considered, however, with the facts as you have presented, I would suggest you seek the services of an attorney specializing in Family Law. Do not wait. Your issues are too important to put off securing your rights.
    Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
    You need to hire an attorney to protect your rights to access/custody of your child.