What could I do regarding deceptive business practices? 5 Answers as of September 10, 2015

I was intoxicated when I signed up for a vacation program. I cancelled as soon as I got home and read the vague contract. I financed the program. Long story short they lied to me and did not cancel, now finance company has reported me to credit bureau, and started collections. Have attempted numerous contacts. Spoke with a manager named in Jan. He said he would send an email explaining. When I called finance co said they received email, but it said specifically my account was NOT closed. I have received absolutely NO benefit from this co. The finance co said today they could reinstate it, I asked why I would want to settle a payment for receiving nothing. It would be like throwing $$ out window. The amount is about 4k. Also noticed a LOT of negative posts about the vacation company as well as the finance co. Please help. I am trying to re-finance my house to avoid losing it.

Most states, including Wisconsin, have fairly robust Consumer Protection agencies, and enlisting their help can make a difference. In Wisconsin there are such divisions in the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, and also the Department of Justice. You could also consult a lawyer skilled in representing consumers in disputes with businesses. There are laws that can protect you. If the other party to the contract knew you were drunk at the time of entering into the contract, for example, that could be grounds for cancelling it. There are others. A good lawyer can make a major difference and is usually worth the investment. Good Luck.
Let us go back to the part where you were intoxicated. That is funny.
Read the contract provisions on cancellation. You may have to file suit to clear this up.
You may need to hire a lawyer to file a declaratory judgment action to nullify the contract. Consider consulting one that does consumer protection work. Good luck.
Sue the vacation company, and the finance company. Typically, you can cancel a contract within 3 days or so. You will need verification of your communication with both companies to prove that you are within the time frame allowed.