What could I do if my manager is forcing me to change work availability? 3 Answers as of July 03, 2015

I currently work for a big corporation but I am afraid to contact the HR due to retaliation. For the last couple of months, my manager has been bullying me into changing my work availability. I have a young son whom I have no one to watch him outside of daycare hours. They have always respected it until now. There is no justification for forcing me to change work availability because there are plenty of employees available for coverage. He also works around everyone else's schedule because they are students or favored. I even drive 45 minutes to work. This is causing me great stress because I need the health benefits this job provides and I'm tired of his actions. Do I have any rights?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
I suggest you speak to HR and see if the Co. can make some accommodation to satisfy your schedule. Otherwise, they can adjust schedules at will, since MS is an employment at will State.
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
You have rights but an attorney would need complete information to determine if any of your rights have been violated. You should contact HR about the situation.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
You have no rights, none, unless you can prove that the employer's desire to change work availability is based on one of the few Federal rights: Race, Age, Sex, National origin, Religion, Handicap. If it is not on that list, you have no rights, and the employer may change work availability You have no vested rights in your job, conditions, or schedule. It appears you have only 3 options: 1. Keep the job, as is, and make changes to your situation 2. Go to HR (I understand you do not want to do this) 3. Find another job, and then move on. It is unlikely you will be eligible for unemployment comp benefits.