What could I do if my car was impounded? 5 Answers as of August 28, 2015

I had just bought this car from a tow yard and it had a lien package. I was going to get the registration and plates for it the day that my boyfriend got pulled over after he had just picked me up from lunch. I was in the car. Apparently the officer asked me if I knew my boyfriend had a suspended license (although I wasn't really paying attention because I was already late back to work) and I replied yes. The officer gave me a ticket for allowing an unlicensed driver to drive my vehicle and a ticket to my boyfriend for driving on a suspended license, and having no insurance (my car had insurance on it). Then the tow truck came and impounded my car and I was told that I could get it after 30 days (the cost would be 1700 and something). I called the sheriff’s department to have a hearing to release my car earlier. I was told as well as my boyfriend that if he got his license and brought it in and showed the sheriff then she would release my car that day. Unfortunately his fines which were in 2000 to I think 2012 (before I had met him) cost way too much for us to pay for. Before the sheriff said for my boyfriend to get his license I told her that I wasn't paying attention when the officer asked me if I knew my boyfriend had a suspended license. I thought he asked if I knew that the expiration date was up because that all I thought he had. The sheriff said that they had me on tape (which I don't know how, the officer came up to my car) He had a license and I just assumed that it was valid because "he still had it." First why was my car impounded for 30 days even though I do have a valid driver’s license and secondly how can they even impound my car when I did not know that it was suspended (even though they said that I said yes that I knew). How can I get help? I just bought the car for 1100.00 and I am a single mother working two jobs and going to school and supposed to get my daughter during the week (now I don’t know how I am going to do that).

It was likely not impounding for 30 days, unless it is being held as evidence. I would contact the towing company and ask for your car back. You will have to pay some towing fees. You could file a complaint against the officer for having the car towed.
I do not know why the car was impounded since you could legally drive it perhaps if not much time had passed since you got the car. But if a great deal of time had passed, you can not drive an unregistered car without plates so it was reasonable to impound it. That you answered without paying attention to what the officer asked [but you then say you misunderstood him, so your story is inconsistent] is really your fault.
Get a lawyer. Get a different boy friend.
It sounds like you're going to either try and work with their administrative system or get a lawyer. Good luck.
Locate a lawyer well-versed in police and traffic matters to advise and represent you. He can ferret out of the welter of facts the ones which can make a difference. It's almost always worth the investment.