What could I do if incorrectly charged for possession of methamphetamine? 5 Answers as of August 19, 2015

I was charged with possession of methamphetamine. It wasn’t meth though, it was Adderall. I don't have a prescription, but plan on getting one soon via a psychologist. Do I plead "not guilty" and if found guilty, how can I keep this off my permanent record? What are my tangible options? I have zero priors, no felonies, no probation and it was less than a 1/4 gram.

You should most certainly engage in an attorney and attempt to defend yourself, or at least mitigate the damages. The fact is you are intending to get a prescription is not a to the Emperor possession of a prescription drug. On the other hand, if this is indeed your first offense it may well be possible to have some form of plea agreement which would allow you to keep this from appearing on your permanent record.
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
Please contact an experienced criminal defense attorney asap and discuss your case fully.
You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed through diversion. By yourself you're going to get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
Connell-Savela
Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
I won a case at trial with similar facts. Get an attorney.
Hire an attorney as soon as possible.