What could I do if I was hurt at work and my employer has not helped me yet? 18 Answers as of July 01, 2015

I got hurt at work over a month ago and I am in need to get a MRI and the company keeps putting it off. They did not turn it in to workman's compensation and I need to see what's wrong. I am having a lot of pain. What can I do?

S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
Your doctor should proceed with the MRI and submit the bill for the test to your employer. If they refuse to submit it to their carrier within a week then proceed with a workers' compensation claim.
You should file your claim directly with the workers compensation carrier.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
Hire an attorney and file a Workers Compensation claim.
Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
You need to reach out to a Georgia workers' compensation attorney, immediately. There is a notice provision to Georgia workers compensation claims. You maybe involved in a he said she said type battle. The consultations are free. Good luck.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
You must make a claim through workers compensation, regardless of what your employer says. Do it now. If your employer retaliates, you will have a good lawsuit.
    I suggest you find a Workers Comp lawyer and consult him or her right away. You can find one in your area in the yellow pages, online (one source is Avvo.com) or through the state bar lawyer referral service.
    Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
    O to the doctor and submit your doctors bills to the company.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    You can file the work mans compensation claim with the local Workers Compensation Commission.
    Call the Alabama Dept. of Labor and ask for an ombudsman and/or talk to an experienced injury lawyer familiar with workers' comp cases. Good luck.
    Get a lawyer and file a workers compensation case.
    Boesen Law, LLC
    Boesen Law, LLC | Joseph J. Fraser III
    First of all, you need to be sure that you have formalized your claim through your Employer. And - if they have not reported it to the Division of Workers' Comp (if you have lost time from work) you should proceed to file a "Worker's Claim for Compensation" with the Division. Your Employer should direct you to a doctor that their WC insurance pays for. If not - get an attorney who specializes in workers' comp.
    Immediately demand they report it to their comp. carrier, demand the name and contact information of the carrier and file an employee's report of work injury and tell them your employer for unknown reasons never turned the information over to them, and consider seeing some local WC attorney's to handle your case because there is a chance your employer will take action against you [which would result in a penalty] for having the injury.
    Boesen Law, LLC
    Boesen Law, LLC | Jon C. Boesen
    Hire an experienced worker's compensation attorney to guide you thru the maze that is worker's compensation laws. An experienced and competent WC attorney will want to very quickly have you fill out and then file on your behalf a worker's compensation claim form. The claim form gets your claim officially started if your employer has not done what they should have done (file an employer's first report of injury or notify their WC insurance carrier). The filing of the claim forms starts the clock running and requires the employer or their insurance company to respond and state what their position is on your claim. Your employer or their insurance carrier must either admit that your claim is compensable and your then are entitled to medical care and benefits or contest it and if so for what reason. An experienced worker's compensation attorney will generally take your case on a contingency fee and will not be paid for his or her time unless they get you benefits (WIN your case). An experienced worker's compensation attorney will be more than worth whatever fee you ultimately pay them.
    Ask your local bar assn. for a referral to a W.C. lawyer ASAP.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    Your employer would have to turn the claim into insurance if you contacted an attorney to file a workers' compensation case for you. There is normally no money down and no fee unless you collect, and the fee is normally 20% of the final recovery. If you delay, and the insurance company does not receive notice of the claim, it is possible that the insurance company would try to deny the claim due to lack of notice from the employer.
    Make a formal accident report in writing to your employer and insist upon receiving the necessary medical treatment. If that cannot be accomplished voluntarily hire an attorney.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
    Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
    Hire a workmen's compensation lawyer.
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Call the Employment Relations Division in the Montana Department of Labor in Helena and file a claim. Then request mediation if the insurance company ignores you. You may need to hire a Montana Work Comp attorney, especially if you can't work and are being financially threatened by the loss of your paycheck.
    Answer Applies to: Montana