What could I do if I was assaulted at my yacht club? 9 Answers as of August 27, 2015

I was recently assaulted (they grabbed by my shirt and they put it around my throat.) I don’t want to file an assault charges but the guy who assaulted me was not fired. I belong to a private yacht club and the man who assaulted me was the chef.

Write back and tell me what your role was, and how much you had to drink before your shirt ended up around your neck.
Sue for the injuries suffered.
If you are not going to bring criminal charges, then you can bring civil charges. If you do not want to do either of those, you can report it to management. Good luck.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
You can file a criminal complaint with the local police department - which you say you don't want to do. You can sue the fellow, and maybe his employer, in civil court and seek money damages. Of course, the amount you would receive depends on the extent of your injuries and from your description I wouldn't think you could expect to receive much. You can file a complaint with the chef's employer as I'd think they'd take a dim view of him assaulting members. You can have a talk directly with him to work out your differences. You can forget it happened.
You can sue him civilly but what are your damages. If you do not want to make a criminal complaint it is your choice. What is your question?
    You have to be kidding. If you don't go after the assaulter, you have no case.
    You could use the chef AND the club him for the attack and for the injuries he caused, and the Club for not supervising him and for failing in vitality to protect you, as a guest. This only makes sense if you were less responsible than the defendants for the incident. Consult an experienced personal injury lawyer in your area.
    Go to the management and see what they will do. They do not want anyone around with knives who losses his temper. If you did nothing to cause the assault, tell the police if management does not discipline him.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    As you suggest you should call the police to file criminal charges. If you had a long lasting injury you have the basis for a personal injury claim. In any event you want to talk to the manager of the club and file a complaint. If the other person was acting in self-defense you have no claim.