What could I do if I got a ticket for driving with a suspended license? 5 Answers as of June 18, 2015

About 3 months ago I got arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. I went to court and requested a second testing on the blood sample they took the day i got arrested. I have to go to court on Feb. Yesterday I got stopped by a cop because my tags were expired, but got a permission from the DMV to drive my truck to move it only for that day, but still got a ticket for driving with a suspended license. Since I have not yet being convicted for the DUI when I got the ticket, what is more likely to happen?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
See website for info on exactly what will happen when you go to court.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/18/2015
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
Your new charges will stick. Because you have not been sentenced on the first offense yet, the second offense will be counted against you when the sentence is handed down for the initial offense.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/16/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Doesn't matter that the DUI is still pending. Your license was suspended probably because you did not request a hearing within 10 days. And FYI, there is no such thing as a 1-day permission. You need to hire a lawyer, because the minimum is 10-days jail for VC 14601.2(a).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/15/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
If you had a blood alcohol content above the legal limit, and this happened in Wisconsin, you got a notice telling you that your driving privilege would be suspended for 6 months unless you requested an administrative hearing on the legality of the stop. It would not hurt to consult a lawyer well-versed in OWI law, and see what defenses you may have.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/15/2015
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
You could get anywhere from 30 days community service to three years of prison. You need to retain an attorney for this.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/15/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!