What could I do if the father will not pay child support? 5 Answers as of August 31, 2015

What should I do when the father of my two children doesn't want to pay child support anymore? My children are 12 and 10 year old and their father is very well off. He hasn’t paid child support for over a year now.

Law Office of Barton R. Resnicoff | Barton R. Resnicoff
You have to take steps to enforce it. While the ultimate weapon is contempt, it may be premature to get it if he has salary to enforce it against or assets to execute against. Family Court goes out of its way to enforce child support.
Return to court on enforcement and the contempt motion.
Why on earth have you waited a whole year? You can, among other things, file a motion to have him held in contempt. You can sometimes collect your own attorneys fees from him if he is found to be in contempt. In addition he may be guilty of a criminal offense. Your best bet is to locate an experienced family law attorney and let him advise and represent you. It's usually worth the price.
Hire an attorney and take him to court.
Attorney at Law | Aimee C. Robbins
If he pays through the office of child support enforcement-go there and they will help you- IF not-hire an attorney to file for contempt and then I would ask for a garnishment of his wages, his tax refund, etc.