What could I do if the city will not allow us to open our business? 5 Answers as of July 15, 2015

My business submitted a bid for a property to lease with an option to buy. The deal got approved by the city counsel, mayor and the city's financial manager, and also posted in the local paper. There is now a new city financial manager that has come in and changed all of our original approved conditions, basically took them away and wants to charge us the same without the original. Even with that being done we were going to still lease the property. The city attorney gave a deadline of February 1st to get all the paperwork signed and the lease was to commence February 1st. it is now the 4th I took them everything they needed before the deadline, more like over a week before the deadline date. Proof of insurance which I am going to have to pay for and not yet able to generate any money. Not to mention we told our clients, we've advertised and they are not holding up their end of the deal. I cant get anyone on the phone only email. I have all correspondence from emails from the city attorney to all the original paper work. Please help me.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
Get a lawyer. I do not think that they can do that. Ex Post Facto laws, and things of that nature.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/15/2015
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
This is being posted 5 months after the lease was to be signed, so i have no idea whether any response is timely.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/14/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Since your question reached me today, the 14th of July, and you apparently wrote it on the 4th of February, I am guessing that any suggestion I might make would be too late. If I am mistaken, please post your question again.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 7/14/2015
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
Since this is a business and you are dealing with the city attorney, why not have an actual lawyer of your own to represent you right there, instead of looking for freebies on the 'net from someone who has none of your paperwork and does not even know what city you are in?
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/14/2015
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
You need to get a business lawyer familiar with City rules and regulations. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 7/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: