What could I do if a cable company is trying to collect from me? 3 Answers as of June 26, 2015

A little less than a year ago I signed up for one of this cable company's promo packages. They left me sitting waiting on them four different times for installation. Once getting installation I received less channels than were advertised. I called them and reported both of these issue several times in the first two weeks. About two weeks into the service my reception became worse and worse. I called them on this issue twice they set up maintenance appointment which they never showed up for. After to months I called them and told them to cancel the service due to the fact I wasn't receiving the service and hadn't received the full service from the beginning. I requested that they come a pick up their equipment but they would have to call me in advance to their arrival because of their consistent no show history. I paid that day online for the two months of service. They never showed or called to collect equipment. Now it is showing on my credit report. How can I get them dismiss these charges and take it off my credit?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
Sue them or demand verification of the debt.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 6/26/2015
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
Contact the Michigan public service commission and make a complaint.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/26/2015
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
Write a letter to the credit bureaus with a copy to the people trying to collect from you, explaining your situation. The credit bureau has 30 days in which to investigate and correct the report. If it is not corrected, you can then file suit against the furnisher of information. Merely disputing with the cable company or a debt collector for the cable company does not preserve your rights.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/26/2015
Click to View More Answers: