What could happen if my I485 is approved before my H1B stamping? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

I have couple of questions , I have urgent travel to India next month and I am planning to stamp by H1B while I am there. 1) What will happen if my I485 gets approved before my H1B stamping? How will I come back to US since I don't have AP, can I still go to stamping? 2) If my I485 gets approved after my H1B stamping what are the steps to come back to US?

If your green card is approved while you are out of the US, then have someone mail you that notice. You present it at the airport in the US and they generally will process you for your green card there. However I have heard this policy is not consistent so I would recommend calling the Port Authority at the airport you will enter at, to determine their current procedure. If you do have the H visa stamp, you can always use that to enter, but you don't really want to because then you are technically in H status instead of being a lawful permanent resident!