What could happen if an illegal immigrant has not paid child support? 1 Answers as of June 21, 2011

My boyfriend is illegal in this country. A women claims that he is the father of her child, therefore she is currently getting child support. This women left him roughly a month after giving birth, and he has not heard from her in about 7 years. I recently found letters from the child support department saying that he owes thousands of dollars. How bad is his situation? Also, if I decide to marry him will this affect him while trying to fix papers? How can I get more information regarding his child support status without him knowing?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
He is subject to the same family law rules as everyone else. I recommend that he has a consult with a competent family law attorney to understand how to handle the situation and to clear it up. If there is a warrant out for his arrest, which may be the case, this will be an issue for him. Also, depending upon your state, there may be other criminal or civil penalties that can impact his immigration case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: