What could the executor have wanted my personal information for? 17 Answers as of March 28, 2014

My father passed away on 2/14/2014. He left sister as an executor. I was only left with what was left of the life insurance policy but after getting a copy of the probated will, I don't believe I will be left with anything. She asked me for my full and address and date of birth and my age.

Christine Sabio Socrates Attorney at Law | Christine Socrates
Even if you are not entitled to receive any assets in your father's will, you still need to be listed as his next of kin and will be entitled to receive notifications on what is being filed by the estate.
The executor needs your address and age for notice purposes.
James Law Group
James Law Group | Christine James
Since you are an heir, she must give you notice - that said, she shouldn't need your date of birth unless you are young and she doesn't know whether you are an adult.
Goldsmith & Guymon | Dara Goldsmith
You are entitled to legal notice of all hearings. So she PR definitely needs that information.
The executor needs this information to put on the petition to initiate probate with the court. Insurance proceeds bypass probate if one is listed as the beneficiary of the policy.
    Suggest you obtain the services of a probate lawyer to represent you, with the estate and the life insurance company; the insurance company is entitled to a complete information about you before the company will pay.
    Law Offices of Frances Headley | Frances Headley
    The information about your address is necessary because you must be notified of the probate proceedings even if you do not inherit anything from the estate. Unless you need to show that you are an adult I see no reason for the other information. You should consult a probate attorney who can review all of the documents and advise you.
    Estrada Law P.C. | Michele Ungvarsky
    Need this to report to the Court the heirs and distributions even if the estate does not have anything to distribute.
    Answer Applies to: New Mexico
    Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
    Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
    She needs your address so that she can send you a copy of her petition for probate. We often just say "over 21" for the age of the heirs at law.
    Law Office of Patricia A. Simmons
    Law Office of Patricia A. Simmons | Patrica A Simmons
    If the will is being probated, any individual named in the will must be given notice of the proceeding and be included in the petition for probate. You should receive a copy of the petition along with the notice of hearing. You may consider filing a Request for Special Notice in order that you receive all documents filed in the matter. You may also consider contacting a probate attorney to ensure that any interest you have in the estate is preserved.
    The executor is required to report name, address and date of birth (or just "adult" if over 18) to the probate court of all the children of a deceased. Regardless of whether they will inherit under the will.
    Frederick & Frederick PLC | James P Frederick
    It is hard to speculate without being able to see the documents. Insurance is normally not part of a probate estate and not covered by a Will. If you have already received the insurance and the Will does not give you any additional assets, then the PR is probably only seeking your information for notice purposes.
    Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law
    Charles M. Schiff, Attorney at Law | Charles M. Schiff
    The information requested may well be needed for the original Petition to Probate the Will. Whether or not you stand to receive a distribution pursuant to the will, you are considered an "interested person" and the Petition needs to identify you.
    Vandervoort, Christ & Fisher, P.C. | James E. Reed
    The information requested is needed for the Probate Petition giving the court information about the interested parties.
    Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd.
    Ashcraft & Ashcraft, Ltd. | Randall C. Romei
    The personal information will be required to claim the benefits of an insurance policy. Personal information would also be required in the event income is distributed and has to be reported to the IRS. Inherited funds are not taxable but income earned by the estate prior to distribution may be taxable to the person to whom it is distributed.
    James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
    James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
    She needed it for the probate action.. A the deceased son you are a heir at law.. and she needs that information for the probate forms.whether or not you actually receive anything from the estate.
    That is normal, cooperate unless thee is a good reason not to.