What could be the reason if I have been waiting for DUI blood test results for a year now? 3 Answers as of February 06, 2014

I was arrested for DUI while sitting in my vehicle (turned off), no field sobriety test or admission of drinking on February 3, 2013. Blood draw was taken. When my attorney went to the arraignment the DA had no information and I was told to wait until I received something from the courts. I had a blood drawn at the hospital and then to jail but it's been a year since then (now January 31, 2014) without any lab results or letter from the courts and no suspension of my license. Just wondering what is going on and is this odd? My attorney just tells me to wait and I trust his counsel and will wait but I'm just curious.

There is an old saying that "No News is Good News". It would be impossible to fathom a guess as to why charges have not been filed or why the results of your blood analysis have not been finalized. I suggest that you listen to your attorney. He is giving you good advice.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
You should discuss to with your lawyer, when a misdemeanor has not been filed within a year of the arrest/event it usually cannot be prosecuted. You should confirm this with your lawyer.
Law Offices of Nicholas M. Loncar
Law Offices of Nicholas M. Loncar | Nicholas M. Loncar
Trust your lawyer. He/she is absolutely right. The DA only has a year to file. Looks like today is your lucky day!