What is the cost of giving birth without medicaid? 2 Answers as of September 03, 2014

My friend is in New York but and she is pregnant. She had complications on her return date back to her originated country so he had to remain in the US for medical treatment and now it’s too late for her to fly back home because of the risk at her stage of pregnancy when travelling by air. She is considering on having her baby in the States but wanted to know the medical cost because she overheard a law saying that with her tourist visa id she uses insurance for giving birth it can affect her return to the US in the future. Can I have some answers?

Yes, it will definitely have an effect. And if she failed to report her pregnancy when she entered the country, it will be even worse. This is just the type of situation that gives all the immigrant haters fuel for their arguments.
Your friend would need to contact her doctor or the hospital to obtain an estimate of the costs for birth. Your friend would likely have difficulty entering the United States in the future if she uses Medicaid to give birth. She will be viewed as a public charge.