What is considered excessive and cruel punishment? 6 Answers as of December 27, 2013

I was drugged and woke in a hospital, robbed of my money and the parole board made me wear a scram bracelet from April 17, 2013 until December 27, 2013. The person who drugged me is still free and driving with no license. The cops did nothing. Is it legal to make a person wear a leg bracelet this long? It's excessive and cruel.

So, far no one has believed this story, and yet you still insist on telling it. Get with the program, so one believes you, so it is not excessive.
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
No, wearing a leg bracelet is not cruel or excessive punishment
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
I am sorry that you went through such a difficult experience. However, I doubt that it would be considered cruel and unusual punishment to make you wear this bracelet for this period of time. Nonetheless, your question is not entirely clear and it does not contain adequate information to permit me to give a definitive answer. You should be discussing this matter only with your lawyer and, if you do not have a lawyer, you should retain one.
I have seen cases where people are ordered to wear the leg bracelet a lot longer. The other option is to put you in jail. Since I know absolutely nothing about your case and why the judge ordered the bracelet, I have no way of answering further. I assume you have an attorney. Talk with your attorney who knows about the facts of your case.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
The alternate to leg bracelet is incarceration and that is not considered cruel and unusual punishment. Two years in solitary confinement for violating prison rules has also not been considered cruel or unusual punishment. If you don't want to be punished do not commit crimes.