What is considered an adult and a minor in an assault or battery case? 16 Answers as of April 01, 2013

I need a way to beat the **** out of my little sister that I cannot get charged with a misdemeanor and of course not felony but I don't want to kill her just knock some sense into her. If it helps, she already threatened me and keeps egging me on. So I figured I might as well except her challenge. By the way, I’m 21 and she is 15. She has been acting out a lot lately.

Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
Don't resort to violence. There are other ways to teach her.
Adler Law Group, LLC
Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
It is hard to believe that this is a serious question. If you hit your sister whether she is an adult for a minor it is a crime.
Graves Law Firm
Graves Law Firm | Steve Graves
You are considered an adult and your sister is considered a minor. Either way, mouthing off and egging you on is no justification for an assault and battery. Hands off unless you're ready to go to jail. Be satisfied with mouthing off back at her.
Law Office of Christian F. Paul
Law Office of Christian F. Paul | Christian F. Paul
I don't think any reputable attorney will give you advice to help you beat up your sister. First, you should not hit your sister or anyone else. If you have the urge to hit your sister, then I advise you to go find a psychiatrist or psychologist today and get the help you need. Whatever you do, don't hit her. You could be arrested and/or sued by your sister, and all kinds of negative things could occur to you in the future. Don't do it. Second, hitting your sister isn't going to knock sense into her, and it makes no difference that she has been threatening you or acting out. Maybe she needs counseling, too. Why don't you tell your parents and ask them to get her and you some help. I hope this helps you. Use your head, and good luck.
Law Offices of Mark West
Law Offices of Mark West | Mark West
Count to ten, walk away. Shame on you for even posting such a question.
    Put a cap on your rage. Assault on an underage female by a male may mean jail time for you. don't plan criminal behavior in advance and try to beat the system. It wont work very well for you.
    Regardless of her age or your age, beating her up is an assault and battery. Depending on how badly you hurt her, it may be a misdemeanor or a felony. We recently had a case in Boise where 3 men and a woman beat up another man. They are all charged with felony battery. DON'T DO IT. If she is so bad, stay away from her and let your parents handle her.
    If you're 21, you're an adult. DON'T DO IT. I think that you DEFINITELY need some counseling and probably wouldn't hurt to suggest to your mom and/or dad that your little sister get some counseling, too.
    You cannot be serious. You are going on to a website with a panel of lawyers to seek advice as to how to break the law. I only hope we can help to deter you. First of all, she's family. Families have difficulties, but you are not enemies. Get counseling. Sit down and talk out your problems, tell her that she is egging you on and this is destructive to you as a family. Remember that you are going to be siblings for the rest of your lives. If she needs to get some sense into her, then help her, don't hurt her. Hurting her only hurts the both of you. Look in the mirror and ask the guy in there why he wants you to be harmful to persons with whom you should have a loving, constructive, family relationship with. Is it that you feel powerless and you want to use physical force to attain a feeling of power? Why do you think society makes this kind of conduct illegal? If you have any sort of religious affiliation or feeling of spirituality or higher consciousness, then tap into that part of your inner being. Pray with her. Sing with her. Make a dinner for the two of you and tell her why her behavior or attitude hurts you and makes you feel that you want to be violent. Next time she drives you to the brink, take a long, long walk.
    Are you sure you are not 15 too. Assault [threatening to hit someone] or battery [hitting someone] are crimes. If you hit your sister you will end up, at some point, in jail.? There is no way to make such acts non-crimes, except if they are in the course of actual self-defense, and she will deny that.
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    If i read you answer correctly, you are being totally stupid.
    Law Office of Edmund P. Allen Jr. | Edmund P. Allen Jr.
    If you get physically violent your minor sister, you will almost definitely be charged with assault (either a gross misdemeanor or felony depending on her injuries). You need to find some other way to straighten out your issues with her.
    Law Office of Mark J. Leonardo
    Law Office of Mark J. Leonardo | Mark Leonardo
    This is a criminal question, not a personal injury matter. However, it may turn into one if she sues you for battery. She's under 18 and clearly a minor and you are clearly considered an adult, although your thoughts of beating her up makes you wonder. There really is no justification for beating a woman, particularly a minor, even if she is your sister. Don't do it.
    She is winning and controlling the adult. Totally ignore her, walk away, do not respond except to state you will not respond until she is acting as an adult. It will drive her nuts (as it is your response she is seeking) and do you both good. Otherwise react, beat her up and ruin YOUR life.
    Do not touch her. You will go to jail.