What is the consequence of not completing cal trans and paying a fine? 11 Answers as of September 26, 2011

I was charged with a misdemeanor for burglary. I had 20 days of cal trans. I only completed 9 days and still owe 374 dollars. It's been more than 3 years since this happened. Should I just turn myself in, or can I get a lawyer and convince the judge to just let me pay the fine and finish the days? Or can they give me more days of caltrans for violating that?

For violating the terms of your probation you can be sentenced theoretically to the maximum sentence for the original crime.
LynchLaw
LynchLaw | Michael Thomas Lynch
When you say "cal trans" I will assume you mean work release. Days of work to satisfy a jail term are an alternative to jail. If a defendant fails to complete the work assignment, and the days cannot be rescheduled, the defendant would have to ask the court for a re-referral.
Probation violation and an arrest warrant for you. To handle a warrant, you must turn yourself into the court, with or without an attorney, and try to negotiate a recall of the warrant and a plea bargain on the new Failure to Appear charge, and renegotiate any outstanding charges that caused the warrant. Doing so voluntarily will result in a better outcome than being brought in cuffs to court after arrest on the warrant. Effective plea-bargaining, using whatever legal defenses, facts and sympathies there may be, could possibly keep you out of jail/prison, or at least dramatically reduce it, and may enable you to get your probation and programs reinstated. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
Any time you do not complete everything the judge ordered you are in danger of being violated and a warrant being issued. If you turn yourself in they will bring you before the judge and he'll decide your punishment.If you hire a lawyer,there is a fairly good chance the judge could be persuaded to allow you to stay out and reschedule your fines and caltrans work.
Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
You need to go to Court (with a lawyer) and have the judge reinstate your probation. For more information, please see my website or call me for a legal consultation.
    The English Law Firm
    The English Law Firm | Robert English
    The judge might let you do that, but he may also put you in jail for the probation violation and convert your sentence to jail time. You could get jail time up to the max sentence for the offense. You need a lawyer.
    The Law Office of Rosanne Faul
    The Law Office of Rosanne Faul | Rosanne Faul
    If you have not completed your CalTrans or paid a fine and it has been 3 years, there is a warrant for your arrest and a Judge will most likely sentence you to jail unless you have a very good reason for ignoring the Court's previous order.
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
    You need a lawyer hopefully to keep you out of jail. You violated the the terms of your probation. The judge can sentence to what you would have received without probation. This is serious.
    Yes it is a good idea to get a lawyer to go in and try to fix things up for you. If you go by yourself, you could be taken in custody for the Caltrans, and the Judge could add more time for violating probation. An attorney can appear without you present, thereby lessening the chance that you will be taken in.
    Tracy L Henderson, Attorney at Law
    Tracy L Henderson, Attorney at Law | Tracy L. Henderson
    Typically they issue a bench warrant if you havent completed the terms and conditions of probation. It may be that your probationary period has passed and the court no longer has jurisdiction to enforce the terms and conditions of probation. If you are still on probation, you should contact the clerk and place the matter on calendar. Ask the court for more time. If you are not still on probation, then this doesnt matter.
    Contact an attorney. There is most likely a warrant for your arrest.