What is a closed period case for workman’s comp? 12 Answers as of October 30, 2012

I was injured 2010 and have been going back and forth to court since 2011 and now I finally received a letter saying that my case is a closed period case.

A closed period means that you qualified for comp benefits for a certain period of time. At a certain point, you no longer were qualified.
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator
Bernard Huff, Attorney/Mediator | Bernard Huff
Contact a plaintiff's worker's compensation lawyer for specific legal advice.
Not enough information here. If you opened your case timely and have continuously been under a doctor's care, how can it be closed? Need more information please. See a good comp lawyer in your town.
Lombardi Law Firm
Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
A "closed period case" is not one I'm familiar with. You need to either clarify your question by providing the letter (the exact content of the letter) or sit down with an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Iowa
Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates
Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates | Lyle B. Masnikoff
You have 2 years from the date of accident before the statute of limitations runs. However, it be extended one year every time you see the workers comp doctor or receive any benefits.
    Lewis B. Kaplan | Lewis B. Kaplan
    Who sent you the letter? I have been handling Illinois Worker's comp cases for many years and have never heard "closed period case ". If you have a lawyer ask him/her especially if he/she sent you the letter. Otherwise contact a lawyer and show that lawyer the letter.
    Dennis P. Mikko Attorney at Law | Dennis P. Mikko
    This means that worker's compensation benefits are available for a definite period of time.
    Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
    That phrase is unfamiliar to me as it is not used in Oklahoma worker's compensation cases. I would assume the way you phrase it that it would indicate a negative connotation for your case. If you have an attorney, you should ask him. If you do not have an attorney, you should contact one at once.
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Call a work comp lawyer in your state.
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    Did you return to work?
    LAW OFFICE OF DENNIS K THOMAS | DENNIS K THOMAS
    Your case can NOT be closed unless you signed a "compromise and release" which settles ALL issues. A compromise and release is final in 20 days after the Judge approves it. Or your case can be closed if you went to trial and the Judge ruled against you by issuing a "take nothing" in a Court order. Otherwise, your case is open for 5 years from the date of injury IF it was an accepted injury. If you settled your case by stipulation your case is still "open" for further disability for 5 years from the date of the injury.